|The approximate distance traveled was 7.6 miles. The approximate cumulative elevation gain was 945 feet. Mile markers are shown on the GPS-generated track.
| Hunter S. Thompson lived at 318 Parnassus Street while writing Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs in 1967.
|Hunter S. Thompson and his IBM Selectric typewriter. This picture is circa 1967 Photographer unknown.
|The Hell's Angels Frisco Chapter was ensconced at 719 Ashbury Street in the late 1960s.
|On the road with Hell's Angels Frisco members. The picture is circa 1967. Photographer unknown.
|Kezar Stadium, located in Golden Gate Park, is an outdoor sports stadium with a long illustrious history.
|The Sharon Building. It was constructed to provide a food and rest stop for mothers and children who are visiting Golden Gate Park. The original structure was built in 1888. It was destroyed in the Great Earthquake of 1906. The structure was rebuilt and then badly damaged in a fire during 1973. It was rebuilt yet again. It is San Francisco Landmark #124.
|A view of the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center. Mount Sutro is behind the medical center and Sutro Tower rises above all. This photo was taken from Golden Gate Park.
|This is a view of the famous Painted Ladies. The 50th anniversary of Super Bowl, a football championship game, will be fought at Levi Stadium, which is located about 46 miles south of San Francisco. This photo was taken from Alamo Square Park.
|We are cranking up Buena Vista Avenue West which is adjacent to Buena Vista Park. This view is looking north.
|Graham Nash and his family lived at 731 Buena Vista Avenue West in the late 1960s. Nash commissioned the iron gate entryway. He was a member of Crosby, Stills, and Nash.
|Graham Nash in the early 1970s.
|Jack London lived at 737 Buena Vista West Avenue while he was writing White Fang. Jack London also wrote: San Francisco Earthquake: The Story of an Eyewitness (scroll down to read his essay). It is a first-person account of the Great Earthquake and Fire of 1906. It was published in Colliers Magazine on 5 May 1906... a month after the earthquake.
|Jack London as seen in the early part of the Twentieth Century. Photographer unknown.